Residence Permit for Pensioners
How to obtain a Bulgarian Pensioner D visa and residence permit
Non-EU citizens who are retired in their home country can apply for a Bulgarian Pensioner D visa and temporary residence permit. The required documents are published in Art. 24, sec. 11, para. 10 of the Foreigners in the Republic of Bulgaria Act.
Documents required for a non-EU Pensioner to obtain a long-term Pensioner D visa:
- Standard Visa Application form;
- Two passport-size photographs;
- Document, showing that they are entitled to a retirement income, issued by the country of origin and legalised with a notary public;
- Document from a bank in Bulgaria certifying that the applicant has a valid bank account to which regular transfers of his/her pension will be made;
- Evidence of accommodation and address in Bulgaria;
- Medical Insurance;
- Police clearance certificate/ CBR check.
The set of documents for a long-term Pensioner D visa is submitted in person in the nearest Bulgarian embassy or consulate. After the Pensioner D visa is approved, the foreign national can apply for a residence permit. The residence permit for retired people is granted for a period of up to 12 months and it can be renewed annually.
The holder of a residence permit granted on the basis of retirement abroad can apply for family reunification in Bulgaria for his/ her not retired partner and children of not over 18 years old.
Our fee to assist you with the preparation of the set of Pensioner D visa application documents and residence permit is 500 €. The fee includes assistance during the entire process and visit(s) to the local Migration Office for the pensioner residence permit application. Our fee does not include state fees related to the allowed duration of stay, fees for the issuance of the residence card or translation/ legalization fees.
For more details, please do not hesitate to contact us.